Cutler Real Estate asked Callie a few questions so you can get to know her better, and here are Callie's replies.
1. What is your professional/educational background?
- Graduated from Muskingum University in 2012 with a degree in English
- 6 years of corporate and third party recruiting experience in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotech, and education industries
- Most recently worked for McGraw-Hill Education's Talent Acquisition team, where I supported all US recruiting for their K-12 sales force
2. Why did you choose a career in real estate?
I've always loved architecture, design, and the "feel" of certain neighborhoods. A career in real estate gives me the opportunity to have a tangible connection to those interests, while also allowing me to help people create their vision of "home".
3. What area do you live in currently and what do you like about where you live?
My husband and I currently live in the Old North area of Columbus (north of campus/south of Clintonville) and have been rehabbing a 104-year-old house for the past three years. We love the history of our neighborhood and the proximity to great restaurants/coffee/music/etc.
4. How do you spend your free time?
Watching Jeopardy with my husband, listening to podcasts, reading design magazines/blogs, antiquing with my mom, cooking (always with a glass of wine in hand!), kayaking/hiking
5. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?
- Burt's Bees chapstick
- Headphones + some type of music streaming device
- Photo album with family and travel pics
- Old college sweatshirt
- Pearl earrings from my husband
6. In one word, how do you think your friends/family would describe you?