Cutler Real Estate asked Linda a few questions so you can get to know her better, and here are Linda's replies.
1. What is your professional/educational background?
I have a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education from a Michigan State University and a Master’s in School Counseling from the University of Akron. I taught in Houston, TX for 6 years, then taught for another 6 in Barberton and then became a middle school counselor for 26 years. I also worked at Macy’s in women’s clothing for 13 nights and weekends.
2. Why did you choose a career in real estate?
It’s always been an interest, a fascination, and a passion for me. I recently retired from the school and resigned from Macy’s so I can spend full time on my real estate career!
3. What area do you live in currently and what do you like about where you live?
I live on the best street in the world in Barberton, OH. There are 15 houses on my cul-de-sac. Everyone knows everyone and helps each other out! We have an annual street 4th of July party and an annual street sale. The kids can run through the yards and play without a care! You could knock on anyone’s door at any time and they’d be there for you.
4. How do you spend your free time?
I worked 2 jobs for the last 13 years, and usually did chores if I wasn’t working, but I love to go to the movies or to dinner or work on the multitude of projects that need done at my house!
5. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?
My 2 dogs, my photos—pretty much everything else is “stuff" and could be replaced.
6. In one word, how do you think your friends/family would describe you?