Cutler Real Estate asked Maria a few questions so you can get to know her better, and here are Maria's replies.
1. What is your professional/educational background?
I have a Landscape Architecture degree from OSU. I worked as a Landscape Architect in Pasadena, California as well as Columbus, Ohio totaling about 14 years in that industry.
2. Why did you choose a career in real estate?
I chose a career in real estate because I love the idea of matching up a person or family to their perfect home. Talk about a rewarding experience; when you can assist clients in finding that match that just feels right to them. It's fantastic when you witness that moment when they feel a connection to a home.
3. What area do you live in currently and what do you like about where you live?
I live Powell, Ohio with my husband and 2 boys. I like Powell because although it is quite large and expanding, it feels very much a tight-knit community. Our neighborhood is extremely friendly and welcoming and we felt that the moment we moved in. In our experience, Powell, in general, is a community full of families which we feel is a great place to raise our family.
4. How do you spend your free time?
I spend most of the time with activities that involve the kiddos. They are involved in several activities, so the kids definitely keep my husband and me active. I must add it is quite rewarding because we ourselves get the opportunity to meet so many individuals and families with these activities that as an added bonus it keeps us socially active.
5. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?
- My memorabilia
- Family photos that are near and dear to me. I have photos that I have treasured from my parents and grandparents.
- Anything my boys have made me. As goofy as that sounds, the necklaces and Christmas ornaments that they make in grade school are a treasure.
- My mother's old fine china.
- My clothing-yes. My clothing is very important to me because it took time to find those articles of clothing!
6. In one word, how do you think your friends/family would describe you?
I think it depends on who you ask... My husband would say a perfectionist. My sisters would describe me as reliable. My good friends would tell you I am giving and social.