Cutler Real Estate asked Melina a few questions so you can get to know her better, and here are Melina's replies.
1. What is your professional/educational background?
- Graduated from New Philadelphia High School in 2012
- Moved on to Kent State University where I received my Associate in Applied Science of Nursing (RN program) in 2015
- Took a step away from health care and went into retail sales leading me to open my own women’s clothing boutique LuLaRoe Melina Parker in 2017
- Which has led me to real estate sales
2. Why did you choose a career in real estate?
I chose a career in real estate because of a few things. First was my love to help people. Having had a nursing background helping people is a part of me. Helping people find the perfect home is so rewarding. Secondly, was my husband's and my dream to flip houses. We have always wanted to get into the business and I felt this was our chance.
3. What area do you live in currently and what do you like about where you live?
I currently reside in Dover, OH. I grew up in New Philadelphia, OH which is across the river from Dover. I love everything about my town. It’s a small town where everyone knows everyone. My husband and I purchased our first home here back in 2015. We have fallen in love with our neighborhood and have the best neighbors. I wouldn’t call anywhere else home!
4. How do you spend your free time?
I enjoy spending my free time with those who mean the most. My husband, my mom, my grandma or my close friends. I also love to can. I can just about anything. Visiting farmers markets to find all the farm-fresh goodies is always on my to-do list.
5. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?
- My phone (for all the pictures)
- My wedding rings
- My son's blanket
- My toothbrush
6. In one word, how do you think your friends/family would describe you?