Cutler Real Estate asked Saundra a few questions so you can get to know her better, and here are Saundra's replies.
1. What is your professional/educational background?
- College Degree in Forest Industries, Rogue Community College, Grants Pass, Oregon
- Certificate in Word Information Processing, Goldey Beacom College, Wilmington, Delaware
- Administrative Assistant, Goldey Beacom College, Wilmington, Delaware
- Continuing Education in Accounting, Sociology, University of Delaware
- Para-Educator Certification, in the states of Delaware and Ohio
2. Why did you choose a career in real estate?
My father is the reason I'm in the real estate industry. I grew up in a family of Realtors, my father a Broker, owning his own company and my mother an agent back in the early '70s. Times were tough then, my parents were risk takers. They owned rental properties, and flipped houses as investments before it was vogue. I was expected to help paint and prepare the houses for resale. Believe me, I learned life skills. I was exposed to career opportunities in Real Estate at a young age and learned the value of Real Estate. With my first home ownership in 1977, and later licensed in 1987 in the state of Delaware, I've experienced the changes in market conditions through four decades, both in home ownership and sales. Returning to Ohio in 2013, I became licensed again. It's in my blood. I cannot imagine doing any other job as rewarding.
3. What area do you live in currently and what do you like about where you live?
I choose to live on the West side of Columbus. I purchased my home to be near my parents to care for them and to be near my brother as well. This is where I grew up. This was the area I knew growing up. When I returned to Ohio in the spring of 2013, the housing market had bottomed economically. I deliberately searched to purchase a fixer upper, and found a foreclosure, an opportunity I could not resist! The taxes were low, a home with the same square footage as others built by the same builder as different locations throughout the Columbus area. Since then, the values have returned, and continue to increase. When I purchased, I calculated the potential return on my long term investment. I love watching the market values increase with each new resale in my neighborhood.
4. How do you spend your free time?
I enjoy the outdoors, hiking, and taking photos of the outdoor nature. I enjoy house projects and making improvements to my home to add value. I enjoy my family time. I enjoy my gardening and yard work. To me, it gives me a sense of accomplishment. I enjoy cooking, and I enjoy sewing and making things with my hands.
5. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be?
- My health
- my children
- ability to be mobile
- my memory
- sense of security
6. In one word, how do you think your friends/family would describe you?